Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Year After In-Debt Party

I haven't been to a grown-up party "Party" in a long-long time! One of my in house customers and Environmental Protection Officer gives a New Year After In-Debt Party and invites friends, family, coworkers, you name it to his home. I only knew a handful of people that were going, but last year I didn't attend. Why not, I thought. What is it like to "hang out" outside of work, not involved with music, cubscouts, theatre, church, etc....besides he insisted I come. He lives in Lower Slower Delaware and is about an hour and 15 minutes away from my house. I had a fun time seeing the other officers, and coworkers there. I stayed until midnight. I almost thought I'd turn into a pumpkin. I was probably one of five people in the house that didn't drink. Boy, has my life changed! 10 years ago, I would have felt left out if not invited, and if I attended would have probably been embarrassed by my behavior. I found myself surprised that I don't miss my partying days. I feel so blessed that my life is filled with everything that I love: music, family, music, church, music, scouts, and good friends that also happen to love music. Did I mention that I like music, too?

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

you are drunk on life no need for all the body ailing stuff! lol You are great Barb...hey I like Music too!