Friday, February 13, 2009

Memories of Winter in Maine

This year Delaware has received its share of cold weather, but I miss the snow. We had a inch or two in January, and I was wondering why I get so excited. I get really get butterflies in my stomach as soon as I step outside. When the flakes are falling, I still stick out my tongue. I think to myself....oh, I better get up extra early before work, even with the two hour delay to school or whatever calls for it....to scrape the car, and the neighbors too just to make sure I got all the snow off. Next the sidewalks until my gloves and hair are wet! Gotta go inside to put the gloves on the heating vents to dry before going back outside. I'm looking for a playmate, but nobody wants to go outside .......and then I immediately think of my sister and how much fun we had in the snow!




1 comment:

Rachelle said...

YOu must be the one in Red. Love the look you gave us in to your past. I have fond memories of Utah snow...I wish we could get just one snow like that for my kiddo's