Friday, March 20, 2009

Art by Matt 2009


I'm so proud of Matt. He loves music. He may not like being involved in the theatre projects, choir, chorus at this stage in his life but he appreciates it! At this time, when most of the boys his age are listening to the newest rock bands - he loves the 80s rock guitar and dance music! It is amazing to hear him sing the lyrics that I once rocked out too! We jamn in the car as we drive, laughing, singing, and playing our air guitars or hand microphones! In fact, he knows the lyrics better than I remember them.

Of course, he also loves 70s disco, Barry White, Marvin Gaye, Cole Porter, and well just about all kinds of music. He recently chose to do a powerpoint presentation on Ray Charles for Black History Month! We rented the movie Ray! He was singing along with every song.
His favorite band is The Beatles. Rubber Soul, Baby You can Drive My Car.....loves it. The lyrics are fun and simple and the music is easy to absorb. He loves John Lennon and his messages of peace and unity within the music he wrote. He told me once how he loved the fact that every person living on the planet was once a kid and listened to their music. "Their music belongs to everyone" he said.

1 comment:

mercedes said...

Hi Barb,

I LOVE your Blog!!! :) ---Sorry I missed ya in "Once Upon a Mattress." I'll try to catch you at the opera house some time this year. :) OHHH!! I really liked Matt's artwork. :) ...and he even LOVES 80s music!!!! Tell him I said, "Rock On With His Bad Self!" lol :)

Well, chat w/cha again soon in cyber space!!!!

Take Care!
Mercedes :)