Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time Out for Women, Philadelphia Oct.12, 2008



Deseret Book's sponsored this day that was filled with messages of inspiration from respected authors Douglas E. Brinley, Jane Clayson Johnson, Chris Stewart, Emily Watts, and Carolyn Rasmus,as well as music artist Hilary Weeks. As I "huddled" with my sisters we cried and felt so spiritually lifted. Ever need a day to catch your breath, recover, relax, enjoy, and renew? I did it this weekend with the wonderful close and fun sisters/girlfriends from church at the Philadelphia Convention Center. We gathered at 6:20 am and spent the day together roughly until 7:30 pm.

As lunch broke we headed across the street to the Reading Terminal Market which is known for its mouth-watering aromas. Produce fresh from the field. Amish specialties. Fresh meats, seafood, and poultry. Unique, hand-made pottery, jewelry and crafts from around the world. Maria and I found pulled pork sandwiches and grabbed a seat in the center of the building. An elderly man played the piano as our group were finding a delicacy of their own.












During our speaker and lunch breaks we perused the various books, music, food storage, memory albums, posters, etc. You name it, they had it. Perhaps more than 1000 women both LDS members and non-members from around the country in one place. I could feel the spirit there pouring into my body as I met the light in the eyes and love surrounding each and everyone I met.







As we made our way home, we stopped to find the new location of the Philadelphia Temple which will be erected in Center City Philadelphia on the northeast corner of Broad Street and Noble Street across from the Philadelphia School District headquarters. How exciting!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

It was so much fun. I am glad I spent the day with you and the other sisters from our ward and I further glad we made it home alive!
;0)