Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Homecoming &125th graduating class of SHS!!

Matt and I had a great time this past Friday, October 3rd at 2008 Homecoming game Smyrna Eagles vs. Polytech Panthers. We won, but I can't remember the score because I was to engrossed in the band. Matt & I sat right next to them, midway up the bleachers.

Jessica Ganska (HS Band Director), Me in the middle, and Jamie DeLoach
(HS Drama/Bandfront Coordinator) on right.


I felt like a high school girl again, jumping around from the front of the bleachers to catch up with the band/bandfront directors, back up with Matt watching the game, and giggling with the flag twirlers, percussion section, and other alumni and their families. I love that the school has not lost its spirit and the students are very proud of their school.

The Regiment of Red has brand new uniforms. It starts with a pullover jacket with flaired shoulders and the SHS stitched logo, red color in front and black back. The legs are a ski pant overall style and black helmet with a white plume! The floats were colorful and inventive - nothing like our floats from 25 years ago. They had moving parts and everything! The marching band has worked hard the summer. They are well organized and the music is from the 80s. Some of the songs played: Total Eclipse of the Heart, Take on Me, 99 Red balloons, and Open Arms.

Check out the video:

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

wow ... wish I had been there! I noticed the new uniforms durring the parade they did look great!

Lórien said...

Aw, how fun Barb! I'm so glad you were able to go and experience that.

Jennifer said...

Wow, brings back memories! How I loved marching band.