Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day was full of love and fun. After church, I went over to pick up Matt at his Dad's house. As soon as I walked in, they had a singing card, a bouquet of colorful asters, and two large red beautiful potted begonias. Jim, bought me a Willow Tree sculpture of Mother and Son. I really love it. Afterwards, Matt and I went to have a late lunch and then to the movies to see the new Star Trek. It was funny and entertaining. We returned to Jim's house, where Matt and I danced to some Duran Duran, Moody Blues, and Hall & Oates. We played video rock band. He worked the guitar and I sang in the microphone! After our performance workout, we sat and watched a little TV together as a family. I'm so blessed to have such a creative, passionate, loving, intelligent, handsome, humorous, and fun son. He's growing fast (almost as tall as me as you can see by the picture) and becoming an amazing young man. Having only one son is great because you can put all your love and attention into one child. However, I know that soon he will be out of high school and making his own mark on the world. I never thought I'd be a mother! I'm so glad God gave me Matt to learn from and to love! I can't imagine having any other child like him. I'm definitely proud of him in every way and couldn't imagine my life without him.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

oh so fun! I am glad you had a great mothers day! Matt is one lucky young man to have you for a mother